Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Note About my Website

The people who provide my webspace, Virgin Media, are asking us all to upgrade from our old webspaces to a new address. So I did, but only after did they say they weren't doing forwarding, and we could no longer access our old webspace. So I can't put a 301 auto direct message on the page. If any of you know how I can do this, I'd so appreciate your help!
So if you type in the normal address, http://lynneconnolly.com you will be fine. but for the next few weeks, until Google and Bing catch up with the new address, clicking on the site there will get you a nasty 404 and "not found" message.
The old site was:
http://http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lynneconnolly/ 
That's gone. Now the "long" address, the one covered by the domain name, is:
http://www.lynneconnolly1.webspace.virginmedia.com/
and that one works!
Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 pm

    Forgive me if this is the wrong place to put such a comment, but there doesn't seem to be a direct email address for Lynne Connolly here. I just wanted to tell her that I just literally today finished Yorkshire. It took me rather a long time to get to it on my Kindle because I had a rather long list of books due to Amazon offering so many for free. I really enjoyed it and I hope there are many more to come and I hope the author means it when she says "Lisbon" is only the last one "for now". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, thank you! There should be an email link on my blog but I’m not always that good about sorting out techie things, so maybe I got it wrong.
    Stories occur to me about Richard and Rose, I suddenly find myself thinking about them.
    I have written the first book in a new series set in the same era. I’ve been too busy to polish it properly, but I will get it done soon and send it out to publishers, see if anyone likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:39 pm

    I see the link now and I guess I missed it the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. anonse

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment